Splash is a Foundation and KS1 interactive science workshop, involving lots of scientific enquiry.
- racing different shaped boat hulls
- exploring the reasons why some things float and some sink
- working as a team to build a functioning water supply
- exploring the effects of different sized sails
- testing to see which paddle is best to propel a boat forward.
‘Splash’ is WET, involving a lot of water, so it has to be done outdoors. We only offer it from May to July and the workshop can go ahead even in the rain!
The aims are for your children to have lots of fun and enjoyment in solving problems by:
- asking questions and deciding how to find answers to them
- thinking about what might happen before deciding what to do
- recognising if a test is fair
- carrying out an investigation, and making observations
- comparing what actually happened with their predictions
- describing what happened and trying to explain why.
This workshop provides lots of opportunities for you to gather photographic evidence for your records.
To book this workshop, please email Helen Bailey firstname.lastname@example.org
R, 1 & 2
A whole day: 3 x 1 1/4 hours approx. sessions/workshops at £380 per day
Morning only: 2 x 1 1/4 hours approx. sessions/workshops at £255 per morning
All materials and equipment provided. Maximum class numbers = 30 pupils
You will need to provide 5 adult helpers in addition to the class teacher for each session/workshop