SETPOINT Hertfordshire KS3 STEM outreach activities:
- Whole day of STEM workshops, all of which offer students the opportunity to gain a CREST Discovery Award.
- STEM Experience days comprise of 2 separate 2-hour STEM challenges plus an optional ‘meet the STEM ambassadors’ session, where students learn about the educational and career background of the STEM Ambassadors supporting the day.
- All our activities provide a valuable opportunity for your students to apply their factual and knowledge-based STEM learning in hands-on challenges within a real-world context
- We can help you develop your students’ STEM knowledge into a deeper, more long-lasting understanding
- Students are encouraged to reflect upon the employability skills which they have developed in engaging with our activities (see below)
- All activities are delivered by our experienced leaders, offering you the opportunity to appreciate the skills of your students through observation and interaction with them
- All events are supported by STEM Ambassadors, allowing your students to engage with them in a relaxed, informal environment and gain insight into potential career opportunities in STEM
- We provide resources and equipment, and both set up and clear away the activity, saving you time
- Many activities can be linked to CREST Awards – whole day activities normally give eligibility for students to receive a CREST Discovery Award at just £3 per student.
Examples of activities we can deliver:
Think Smart-Drink Smart:
How would you go about designing and marketing a new soft drink? Students use the smart material Plastazote to make a promotional item whilst learning about the marketing side of a consumer product launch
Beat the Flood:
This all-day Practical Action activity challenges teams to design, make and test a model home which can withstand flooding.
Chemistry at Work:
Through interactive presentations by our session leaders and STEM Ambassadors, chemistry will be explained in an easily understandable way and related to a real-world context.
Employability Skills from STEM activities
- Communication and Literacy
- Application of Numeracy and IT
- Business and Customer Awareness
- Reflective Practice
Talk to us if you are planning a STEM Day for your Y7 – Y10 students and we will work with you to come up with a programme for the day. This could include incorporating other activities that you are running or booking.
Get in touch for an individual quote tailored to your requirements.
Tel: 01438 755075
Email: [email protected]