British Science Week is a ten-day celebration of science, technology, engineering and maths that will take place between 5-14 March 2021! STEMPOINT East have some great activities and information for you to get involved with.
CLICK HERE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER
• To ‘Create’ an Insect using 4 sheets of plain or coloured A4 paper only (from
your recycling bin/crate)
• Get the children to work either in pairs at school or individually at home
• Children can only use scissors and their engineering skills to create their insects
– research different types of insects, their colours, camouflage, wings, legs etc
• No glue, sticky tape, staples or paper clips to be used
• Take no longer than one hour, including practising techniques
• Take clear photos of the winners from each KS and email
• Recycle your Insects at the end of the competition
• Once registered, you will receive an ‘Hints and Tips’ sheet along
with some great images you can show your pupils
As the STEM Ambassador Hub for the East of England, STEMPOINT
East have access to over 3000 industry experts from various STEM fields.
We have a selection of pre-recorded presentations and inspiring STEM talks which will be available for you to view with your students at a time that suits
your lesson plan. The links can even be sent out to the students working remotely to watch at home with a parent during British
Science Week 2021.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE LINK TO THESE VIDEOS